Friday, February 7, 2014

Five For Friday


I am linking up with Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching my favorite linky party...

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/
Here we go!  
I just finished updating and organizing my Primary Writing Prezi so I like it better.  It is free at my TPT store if you would like it!   I love to have it up on the Smartboard during Writer's Workshop (or is it Writers' Workshop?  Or just  Writers Workshop?) writing.  I use it to review editing, letter formation, story starter ideas, lots of things. 
YEARS ago when my children were little, one of them got a Doodle a Day Daily Calendar for Christmas.  I saved the Valentine doodles for years.



This year, I enlarged them and made a simple drawing book for my class, which they have loved.  Plus, they get to use the glitter crayons- so... 





If you would like a copy of my little drawing book, click on the picture below!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw4BuVZdT_UxR09mMEk5UkVmRWc/edit?usp=sharing
We planted morning glories in our classroom this week. I look forward to planting these all year long and could not wait another day. 

http://ckisloski.blogspot.com/2014/02/morning-glories-in-classroom.html
Here is my post about my morning glories.  Apparently, the groundhog was angry that I was rushing spring, and thought it would be funny to send a foot of snow day after we planted these. Luckily, the seeds are warm inside the classroom and don't care one bit about the snow. I, however, am pretty much DONE with the snow. (This was first thing in the morning... it snowed more during the day!)
 

The happy side of the foot of snow was a FABULOUS snow day! I even exercised. :) I know!  I was so excited about that, that I made cookies.  I know. :(  It was sort of my husbands fault idea, because we were smelling this candle that is on the stove, and talking about how it didn't really smell like chocolate chip cookies, and then he felt like chocolate chip cookies, and I am such a good wife, so...
I caught up on my Joyce Meyer Enjoying Everyday Life, which I LOVE- and we watched Swamp People and Gold Rush, in cozy sweatpants, with a blanket, on the couch.  Oh yeah, and Jeff and Matt shoveled. I offered, but we only have two shovels, so...that was another reason for the cookies.

Finally, I am so excited to share my Discovering Great Artists Prezi with you.
I put together a simple biography, samples of artwork, and links/videos if available for ten different artists.
        http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Discovering-Great-Artists-Prezi-1091209

I posted all about the art activities that I do with my class to teach them about different artists at my post on Pre-K and K Sharing.  The children love learning about the different artists.  My activities are very simple- and are either independent centers or a rotation during Free Choice time, so they don't take one moment away from the "Common Core,"  but instead give the children a glimpse into a new world of art, provide new experiences, and add yet another layer to their world.
http://prekandksharing.blogspot.com/2014/02/discovering-great-artists.html

Have a cozy, sunny, wonderful weekend!  Thank you for stopping by!
                             







6 comments:

  1. Love the drawing book idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doodle drawing book is a cute idea! Thank you for sharing it. I am sure the kids love using the glitter crayons too! Love the morning glories you all planted! How fun!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The step by step drawing instructions are perfect fun at free time. Success oriented and build confidence. Look at all that snow! Send some to California, would ya! Stay cozy, Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the freebies. I'll have to check them out.
    I'm sure your kids love the drawing book you put out for them, very cute.
    Stay warm and have a great week.
    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness look at the snow!! We haven't had a single flake...but they say we might next week!

    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is adorable! I love the doodle a day work. I think it's a great brain break and creativity builder.

    I'm thrilled to be your newest follower.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog