Saturday, May 31, 2014

Classroom Organization Linky Party!


Today I am linking up with Laura,from Where the Magic Happens, for her wonderful summer linky series.  Here are the topics that she has planned for June!  
And here are July and August- so be sure to check them all out! I am looking forward to so many great ideas!


ORGANIZE MY IDEAS FOR BOOKS.

 I know this picture doesn't look anything like organized- but actually it is one of my favorite tips. 


I keep a copy of ideas and worksheets that go with books right inside of the book. That way, if I need a quick activity, sub plan, or even if a friend needs a quick activity for something unexpected, I can just pull a book that I love out and know that it will have a great activity right there with it.  
                                     
           



 
Below are the papers that I use with Rainbow Fish and Pattern Fish.  Just click HERE if you would like them. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw4BuVZdT_Uxbkpad2pjVXdqS1E/edit?usp=sharing

I have the children color rainbow fish as pretty as they can, then I put on a special shiny fin when they are finished. This is my sample fish. I usually only put one or two sparkly fins on the kids' fish.


  I used left over shiny silver border for my fins. I keep these inside the book, too.


I also copy the cover of books that I use for certain lessons and keep them in my folders so I don't forget the books I want to use. I know I could just write the titles, but I like the photocopied pictures.


I'M SORTING THROUGH MY BOOKS
One thing that I am doing this year is hoeing out some books.  Some books I just plain don't read- they are too wordy or over my children's heads.  I have very little space in my classroom, so I definitely don't have room for books I don't use. This will also give me a great opportunity to look at each book and maybe rediscover some that I want to use.

Check out the other fabulous idea for Classroom Organization at Where the Magic Happens!
Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

  1. I just love the idea of keeping templates and worksheets right inside the book! One of my bugbears is having folders of papers that I don't have time to go through, but having them there when I grab the book would be amazing!

    Thanks for another wonderful idea Carolyn. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I like your idea of putting your ideas, papers, etc right inside the books. Make sense.
    And I'm trying to sort through books too - I have a hard time with it. Hope you are doing better at it than me.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so, so glad that I read this post! I absolutely love keeping a copy of the book cover in with the plans - genius! Plus keeping activities that go along with each book for emergencies is so smart! Thanks for sharing!!!

    Theresa @ True Life I'm a Teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog