Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fun in the Fall Prezis- FREEBIES! :)

I am so excited about the newest Prezis I am working on-which I hope to have done and listed on Friday!  I investigated and screened this internet with a fine tooth comb to find the best Kindergarten Common Core Math activities for each Standard.  There are 22 Kindergarten Math Standards- by the way. I now know each of them more intimately than I even want to- BUT... because of it- I have made Prezis that put resources for each RIGHT AT MY FINGERTIPS. Each little line of print you see is a link to a great game to support that Standard.  The Standards are spread out so that you can click on that area and pull that part forward- to only show the Standard you are working on at that time.  These are SO great for whole group, small group, math centers, RTI, a few extra minutes here and there, mini lessons...  Ahhh. No more searching to find good activities or videos to help teach/reinforce a Standard.  (Why do you think I capitalized "Standard" each time like it is holy or something...oh goodness... I am leaving it, though because it makes me kind of smile.)  ALL DONE.  Well, not all done. I am still working on my 4th Prezi of the group-  Geometry.  I have finished these:

Counting and Cardinality/ Base 10:


Measurement and Data:



Operations and Algebraic Thinking:



I hope you will find them as useful as I do.  This was one of my summer goals- and I have a few days left to finish it! I will be listing them on Friday. :)

To celebrate my excitement for these coming Prezis- I am offering my Fun in Fall Prezi FREE today and tomorrow at my TPT Store!. I have both versions- United States and Canada.  These Prezis are perfect for the beginning of school ( Well, duh- because it is fall... ha!) .

Here is the description of what the US Prezi includes:

 


 

 

This Prezi is a zooming poster FULL of information, videos, songs, stories, activities, and links to everything FALL for a primary classroom. It is a great way to incorporate Science and Social Studies into your classroom, as well as generating ideas for Writer's Workshop. Just click on a topic and have all those resources at your fingertips! Underneath the title are songs about fall. In the Prezi, I have included the following sections: 1.Back to School- which includes songs, online stories, the Pledge of Allegiance (saying, singing, and signing-regular and slow motion) The Star Spangled Banner, Grand Old Flag, a crayon box with videos of how crayons are made, a pencil box with videos of how pencils are made, Pinterest links, and activities/links for The Kissing Hand; 2. Why Leaves Change Color ; 3. How Does a Pumpkin Grow? -includes videos, a lifecycle chart, songs, stories- and some bonus bat and skeleton songs/stories for Halloween; 4. Apples- which includes videos of the lifecycle of apples/apple trees, songs, making applesauce, cider, and donuts, and Johnny Appleseed videos; 5. Monarch Butterflies-which includes activities, lifecycles, videos, a male/female chart, and links to great sites about monarchs; 6. Columbus Day; 7. Election Day- which includes 4 videos and 3 online stories about elections( Duck for President, If I Were President, Grace for President); 8. Veteran's Day- with videos explaining Veteran's Day to children.
Each section also includes a link to Pinterest boards/pins for that subject for easy teacher access to more activities and ideas.
 

Here is a description of what the Canadian version includes:




This Prezi is a zooming poster FULL of information, videos, songs, stories, activities, and links to everything FALL for a primary classroom. It is a great way to incorporate Science and Social Studies into your classroom, as well as generating ideas for Writer's Workshop. Just click on a topic and have all those resources at your fingertips! Underneath the title are songs about fall. In the Prezi, I have included the following sections: 1.Back to School- which includes songs, online stories, Oh Canada- with lyrics, sung, with pictures, and in sign language, a crayon box with videos of how crayons are made, a pencil box with videos of how pencils are made, Pinterest links, and activities/links for The Kissing Hand; 2. Why Leaves Change Color ; 3. How Does a Pumpkin Grow? -includes videos, a lifecycle chart, songs, stories- and some bonus bat and skeleton songs/stories for Halloween; 4. Apples- which includes videos of the lifecycle of apples/apple trees, songs, making applesauce, cider, and donuts, and Johnny Appleseed videos; 5. Monarch Butterflies-which includes activities, lifecycles, videos, a male/female chart, and links to great sites about monarchs; And several learning songs about Canada. Each section also includes a link to Pinterest boards/pins for that subject for easy teacher access to more activities and ideas.

I would REALLY appreciate your feedback if you grab a free Prezi!  Thank you so much! :)





This afternoon I will be once again on my search for monarch caterpillars!  OOOOH. The excitement.  (No, that really wasn't sarcastic. I LOVE looking for them.)  I still remember when I taught in the late 80's driving around with my mother, stopping at the medians and sides of the road looking for them.  I loved every minute!  Last year, Emily and I were in the median area on some backroads and a Town truck stopped to ask if we had lost something. I explained my quest for caterpillars- and he said he remembered doing that as a little boy! :)

Here is my sweet story of the week:
How does a Kindergarten teacher's husband show her that he loves her? Let me tell you...
Jeff mowed the lawn Sunday and I noticed a little tiny plant behind our little  tree in the yard-
 


When I went to look closer- it was this:
He left that little milkweed all summer, just in case a monarch decided to stop by and surprise me with an egg/caterpillar for school.  I guess he knows my "love language" pretty well, because that was better than any bouquet or present he could have given me.

Go get your freebie, and  check out some of my other Prezis while you are there for back to school! 

HAPPY HUMPDAY!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog