Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pumpkin Playdough- and LOTS of FREEBIES!


*** I updated the TPT freebies in this post HERE.  Sometimes links don't work anymore or items aren't available anymore.  If you'd like the most recent freebies (plus some new ones!) see this post.  




This week I made some pumpkin playdough for one of my Free Choice centers.  I used my new favorite homemade playdough recipe with Bisquick.  I love the consistency. It is so easy- and even I can't mess it up always turns out great! 

Here is the recipe:

Bisquick Playdough
2 cups Bisquick
1 cup salt
2 cups water
1 Tbsp cream of tartar
1 Tbsp oil
 
Mix all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave for 3 minutes.  Scrape and stir the bowl. Microwave for another 3 minutes. If it is not quite ready,  microwave for another minute.
I made a double batch, and this time I did put it back in the microwave for another minute because it was sort of sticky. That worked perfectly.

I added LOTS of pumpkin pie spice, a little cinnamon, and some orange food coloring.  Yum. 
This was a Free Choice Center while I was making glue ghosts with another group, and it was such a hit!  My room smelled so delicious- even our Principal came in to see if we were baking pumpkin pie. NO KIDDING. 


Erin from Creating and Teaching made these perfect Pumpkin Counting Playdoh Mats! Thank you, Erin!  How great are these?! I just found them and they are off being laminated now.  I cannot wait to use them.

Pumpkin Counting Playdoh MatsPumpkin Counting Playdoh MatsPumpkin Counting Playdoh Mats

Okinawan Girl has these absolutely adorable Halloween Freaky Faces Playdough Mats FREE at her TPT store.  These are so much fun, too!
FREEBIE!  Hallowe'en Freaky Faces Playdough MatsFREEBIE!  Hallowe'en Freaky Faces Playdough MatsFREEBIE!  Hallowe'en Freaky Faces Playdough MatsFREEBIE!  Hallowe'en Freaky Faces Playdough Mats




Here are some other super pumpkin freebies that I found!  Enjoy! I like to just know they are here in one spot when I need them. 




Sarah Burk has a cute  Pumpkin Craftivity that the kids will have a ball making! I am going to put out lots of different textured papers, tissue paper, shiny paper... and let them go crazy making their own beautiful pumpkin during Free Choice!  I can't wait to see my pumpkin patch when they are done. It's fun (for both the kids and for me!) to have some activities the children can make completely by themselves.

Pumpkin Craftivities - Fall - Freebie


This Pumpkin Roll, Color, Cover game  from Young and Lively Kindergarten will be so much fun to use with a Pumpkin theme!
Pumpkin Roll, Color, & CoverPumpkin Roll, Color, & CoverPumpkin Roll, Color, & CoverPumpkin Roll, Color, & Cover
Kindergarten Lifestyle made a great Pumpkin Pals Letter and Number Concentration Game.
Pumpkin Pals (Letter and Number Concentration)Pumpkin Pals (Letter and Number Concentration)Pumpkin Pals (Letter and Number Concentration)

Nicole Ricca has a Pumpkin Mini Unit freebie.  Her products are always wonderful. I just love them. This is a great unit to learn about pumpkins.
Pumpkin Mini-Unit FREEBIE!
She lists the activities included in this packet:
-Inside & Outside Pumpkin Lesson & Craft
-Pumpkin Investigations Activity
-Pumpkin Life Cycle
-Planting Pumpkins
-Pumpkin Jack Experiment
-Pumpkin Seed Estimation
-Pumpkin Craft


Edna Wallace Lickety Split Lessons and Stuff shared these Pumpkin Power Four Free Literacy Centers.  These are great!
Pumpkin Power:  Four Fall Literacy CentersPumpkin Power:  Four Fall Literacy CentersPumpkin Power:  Four Fall Literacy CentersPumpkin Power:  Four Fall Literacy Centers
Michelle Rist shared her Pumpkin Science and Math Book which would be perfect to use before you carve your pumpkin with your class!

 Pumpkin Science and Math
Kid Sparkz has some cute Number Matching Cards!
Pumpkin Number Matching Cards 0-10 FREE
Lauren Thompson made these Pumpkin Number Cards which would be wonderful for so many things.
Pumpkin Number Line Cards (1-100)Pumpkin Number Line Cards (1-100)Pumpkin Number Line Cards (1-100)
Lauren also shared a Pumpkin Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture that I love!
Pumpkin Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture
Crystal McGinnis made a Pumpkin Number Ordering Activity and a recording sheet to practice writing numbers 0-20.
 Pumpkin Patch Fall Themed Math Center Kindergarten Common

Chelsea Dowd made a fun Pumpkin Number ID Ten Frame Center.  The children clip a clothespin by he correct number.
Pumpkin Number ID CenterPumpkin Number ID Center
Megan Groves made a cute Pumpkin Roll and Cover activity, a great math center.

Pumpkin Roll and Color
 Where is My Little Pumpkin by Virginia Olivelli's Little Language Learners is a great activity for learning postitional words.
WHERE IS MY LITTLE PUMPKIN?WHERE IS MY LITTLE PUMPKIN?WHERE IS MY LITTLE PUMPKIN?


 My Fun in the Fall Canadian Prezi and Fun in the Fall US Prezi are new at my TPT store! They have several videos about pumpkins, how they grow, songs, and stories. Please stop over and try it out!  It has lots of fun videos and links for fall!



I want to tell you about a great give away my blogging friend Stephanie from Principal Principles is having at her blog!  She made some wonderful games and is giving them away to a lucky winner! 
Stop by and join in the fun!   She is giving away:


  • I'm a Reading Rock Star Grades 2-3



  • I'm a Reading Rock Star- Kindergarten-1



  • I'm a Math Hero- Kindergarten-2

  • Have a great day! 




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Search This Blog