Friday, June 27, 2014

Five for Friday and Funny Kid Friday



It's time for Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs and Funny Kid Friday with Kidpeople Classroom!  LAST day of school for me. Finally- right?!

The kids were only in school Monday and a half day Tuesday, so this Five for Friday  will be a little different.  I've been there all week.

First of all, I hoed.  And hoed.  And still have more to hoe.  I am a really good hoe-er, if I do say so myself.  If I weren't a teacher, I could PROBABLY be a professional hoe-er.  Jeff may not like that. Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT mean this dirty kind of hoe-er...    HA!


Anyway, I had so many things in my closet at home, but that is another job...classroom that I MIGHT use, and finally, after years, I decided they weren't cutting it. It was neat and tidy, and packed away, but still THERE.   I am even going through my files.  I love my files because my mom taught pre-school and gave me all sorts of wonderful ideas that I have in each letter file.  I am going through each one and saving some special things.  But lots of those old ditto sheet samples from the 80's that I kept gots to go! Oh my oh my.  

Do any of you ever feel like this? Or is it just me?

The next four, will be things I want to do more of next year.  Here we go!


I am going to drink more water.  I am.  I know this will make a huge difference. Some days I come home and almost have had nothing to drink.  Why not?  I am smarter than that.  I really am.  I guess not, but I am going to be!   



I am going to have my students write more thank you notes.  We make class thank you notes for special occasions, but I am going to try to teach my students...


It is SO important, not just when you are young, but any age.  My very favorite end of the year gifts were the heart-felt notes that I received.  Honestly.  I am hoping that we can make people happy by recognizing them for what they do and who they are.  I am also hoping that I can pass on the importance of a thank you to my students, so they remember to keep on recognizing others as they grow up.

                                                   

That one reminds me, I posted HERE earlier this week, about using the Five Love Languages in your classroom.

Finding a child's special love language is just one more way to make the best connections you can with your students, so they know how much you care.  I always find that once they know that, they try so much harder for me- with their work and their behavior.  


 
I am going to do my best to remember this...




And finally...

                           
I teach with some wonderful people.  We are determined to bring back the joy of teaching.  I feel like some people think if you are caught laughing and enjoying yourself, you aren't serious about teaching or some silly thing.  That could not be more wrong.  

                              

Teaching is such a serious business.  We try to do our very best for our students every moment of every day.  I see so many people who have lost the joy of teaching and the positivity. Without joy and fun with your colleagues, you are going to burn right out.  Without joy and fun with your students, the days will be long and hard. LAUGH.  Make other people happy.  Make your students happy.  Have fun! 
We work hard.  We worry about our students.  We worry about pleasing parents.  We worry about test results.  We need to keep each other going! 
                                 


On that note, I am also going to link up with sweet Kathleen from Kidpeople Classroom for her Funny Kid Friday linky!  

Here are two quick ones for you!  (I was going to say "quickies," but after the whole hoe-er thing, I thought I was getting way too risque' with this post. Oh my!)

Boy 1-  "I forgot to bring in my folder."
Boy 2-  "I bringed mine in!"
Boy 1-  "Um- I think you mean 'brang.' "
_______________________________________________________________

Boy 1-   "I don't even know what 'frustrated' means!"
Boy 2-   "It means the more you nag, the more we say, 'no.' "  

Do you think he has heard that before at home?!?

On that note, have a very happy, non-frustrating, nag-free weekend!
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Happy summer my friend!!!!!!! I love your advice to laugh everyday...that's the best advice there is!!! One of my sweet coworkers always says if you don't laugh, you'll cry haha. Enjoy the sun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your positive quotes. Looks like you were really hoe'ng it up. At least you know you have a back up profession if the whole teaching thing doesn't work out...lol. You crack me up. Well you really brang, I mean brought, a smile to my face today. Thanks. Enjoy your weekend.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this post!!!! I want to do all those things too - except maybe the hoeing. It is way too hot here to do all of that! Thank you for putting a smile on my face and in my heart today!!!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I love the comic and your goals for next year. I can tell you are an awesome teacher. I am your newest follower!
    :)
    Sherri C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Five for Friday post was so inspiring! Thanks! I especially love #4 and #5. Enjoy your summer!! I hope you have plenty of time to relax and recharge your batteries.

    Krista
    Stellar Students

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a GREAT summer!!

    Terri
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog