Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pick 3 Linky! 3 Favorite Pins on the 3rd

Lisa from Pawsitively Teaching and Marissa from Inspired Owl's Corner have started a new monthly linky that I am SO excited to be a part of- because it is so helpful, easy, and fun- and it involves Pinterest, so... Win win win win! Thank you Lisa and Marissa!

Each month, we pick our 3 favorite pins to share.  We link up.  We share the love on each other's blogs(AKA leave a happy comment!). AND we get some fabulous ideas.  

You can link up at the bottom of this post and share your three favorites for December.  The linky will be open all month. 

Here are some of my favorites that are actually my pins.  I am sharing these because they are three ideas I absolutely LOVE to do with my class in December, and wanted to share with you.  This seemed like a great way to do that. 



1.  Don't forget to check out Santa's Reindeer Cam!  It's lots of fun to have up on the Smart board in the background during Free Choice time.  We just happen to be getting back from our specials right about 11, so we take a few minutes some days and get to enjoy seeing Santa feed the reindeer!  SO exciting!
I took this screen shot the other morning. I loved how the elf was taking Santa's picture!




2. My kids love this activity!   I use this fabulous Christmas Lights Pattern by Meredith Fitzhenry that she shared at her TPT store.  Thank you, Meredith! I enlarge it 200 times and print it on 11x17 paper.  Then, I write sight words on each bulb with a white crayon.  The children paint the bulbs, and ta-da!  Magical words!  Here is my post about this- with TONS of other Christmas light activities.
Christmas lights pattern work sheet 1



3. We made this anchor chart after we read The Jacket I Wear in the Snow.  Here is the post about our lesson!
After we did our interactive writing, I had the children label their own pictures!

I can't wait to see your ideas!  After you link up, visit some other links and leave some love.   Happy comments can just make someone's day!

5 comments:

  1. Great Linky! I just downloaded the light bulb template. I LOVE IT! Thanks for the linky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light bulb template really is absolutely a terrific idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carolyn! Thank you so much for the light bulb template. We're going to do that tomorrow! Hope all is well. This was a fun linky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sight words activity! Hmm . . . how can I adapt that for second grade? So fun!

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of the reindeer cam....I have been missing out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog