Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Questionnaire Linky!


I am so excited to link up with Michelle at Fabulous in First for this Christmas Questionnaire link up! Thank you Michelle!


Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?
Hot chocolate. Yum.  Sometimes I mix some hot chocolate in with my coffee when coffee just doesn't seem like enough. 


Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them underneath the tree?
Santa wraps!  If Santa Carolyn wraps, the presents are wrapped just to be done. If Santa Jeff wraps, the presents look perfect.

 

Colored lights or white?

I like the look of white lights. It seems clean and bright. If we have a "theme" tree, it is white lights. We did that ONE year- gingerbread men, candy canes, and a few colored balls, but every other year we always put on every ornament the kids had ever gotten.  Since that isn't really a "theme," we always went with colored lights for fun. Last year we kept it simple with white lights and simple ornaments, because we were sorting ornaments for the kids to take for their own trees.

When do you decorate?

The DAY after Thanksgiving. Sometimes I bring up the boxes Thanksgiving afternoon.  But I start taking them down the day after Christmas.  I like having a clean, fresh start for the New Year.

Real or Fake Tree?
Real.  I could easily do fake.  EASILY.  Fake + a pine scented candle= perfect.  Jeff = NO WAY FAKE.  So we go with real.  He does all the work. It is only fair.


What Tops Your Tree?
A sweet angel! :) 

Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?
Every year our whole family gets together on Christmas Eve for food (mainly appetizers and cookies) and games with prizes.

We all look so forward to this. When I was little, we went to my grandparents' house.  We always had oyster stew and ham on biscuits.  Santa always came, because we heard his sleigh bells during dinner.  Now we go to my parents' house for food and games.  On Christmas morning, my parents come over to our house for quiche, breakfast casserole, fruit, and cinnamon rolls.  Christmas afternoon, we all go to my sister's house for more wonderful food, games, and cookies.  We are so blessed to live close to family. I am so thankful for that.  (Sounds like we eat A LOT.)

A favorite memory with my own kids was one year when they were young, going to Target with my mom and my kids and letting them touch every button they wanted on every Christmas display there.  Since I homeschooled them, we could go to the store at an off time when no one was there.  We just enjoyed each singing, spinning, glowing display, and I didn't rush anyone. I just let them enjoy everything.   Then we went to TGI Fridays. Perfect day. So simple, but one of my favorite memories. 

Do you remember your favorite gift as a child?
I remember getting a tape recorder when I was in 3rd  grade and LOVING that.  When I thought back, the first thing I thought of for a special gift, for some reason, was my taperecorder!  And guess what? I even have a picture. When The Donny and Marie Show started, I sat by the television and tape recorded all of the songs they sang each week, then listened to that tape non-stop.  That was my technology, and I thought it was the best ever.
My grandmother made  the doll and afghan.  I still have that afghan!


Do prefer giving or receiving?
Giving, giving, giving.  I am so much better at giving than receiving, too.  I sort of have a hard time just accepting things and saying, "Thank you!"  

What is your favorite Christmas song?
My favorite is Mary Did You Know?   It is beautiful.  I also love anything Harry Connick Jr. and of course, Johnny Mathis! Oh I also love Baby, It's Cold Outside.


Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum?
I am not really a peppermint fan, so ... yuck.  I like the way they look, and they make me happy to see- but not to eat.

Favorite Christmas Movie?
I love Rudolph.  I remember one year when our TV broke when I was little, and Rudolph was on that night. (You know- before you could OWN the movie and watch it whenever you wanted.) 
We all piled in the car and went to my grandma and grandpa's house.  My great-grandma made us egg salad sandwiches and cocoa. It was perfect, and I will never forget it.

I love Elf, too. 

Do you shop online or at stores?
Both! Probably like all of you!  I love online because you can find anything at all from anywhere. LOVE that! 

Photo Cards, Letter or Store Bought Card?
I love getting photo cards SO much to see my friends' families.  I usually send store bought cards with a picture in it of us.  I don't know why I don't get with the program and get some photo cards made.  When I read this answer, it seems ridiculous!


Thanks for stopping by! I am off to read all of your answers!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog