Friday, February 19, 2016

Five for Friday February 19



Hi! This was a really quick week.  First, we had Monday off.  Next, we had a fabulous snow day (well timed, after the Grammys).  THEN, we had a 2 hour delay the following day.  Thursday was our 100th day of school. And finally, all of a sudden- Friday! That sounds like some sort of "how-to" book.  Maybe "How To Have a Great School Week" would be a good title for that book...


 I'm linking up with Kacey for her wonderful Five for Friday.  Thank you, Kacey!


Here is one of my new bulletin boards for our hall. I had the kids write one of the pieces of advice on each sentence strip.  I thought we needed some sunshine!



We had our 100th day of school on Thursday. I love having the kids make 100 cup structures.  It is so great for them to work and plan together.
 


 Each year the children bring in collections of 100 things- usually Legos, cars, or Pokemon cards- but this year, one of my boys brought in 100 water beads for us to "grow" during the day.  That was a huge hit!

For writing, the children ask friends to sign their paper labeled "The Friends I've Been With for 100 Days."  The kids called this, "Fun Writing."  (As opposed to... ??? What?  Every other day that ISN'T fun writing? Oh well...)

 This is our 100 Day Trail Mix.  Everyone brings in 100 of something delicious to dump into the mix.  The reviews were... "This is the BEST DAY EVER!"  So I think it was a hit!

I also took the children's pictures for our Spring Smiles board!  They LOVE trying to figure out whose smile belongs to whom!  This picture is from last year- because I haven't taken a picture of my new ones yet.  It's so funny how I can still remember each of these little smiles so well.  This is a really fun thing to have up for Open House, too.  I leave it up for Grandparent's Day, too. 

I posted all about growing our morning glories.  Click the picture to go to the post!  It's one of my all time favorite things to do now, when it's dreary and gray... It's so hopeful.  We have flowers the rest of the year!




I also posted about planting our beans and everything we do to go along with Jack and the Beanstalk. Click this picture to go to that post.  That's another favorite of mine!

Have a wonderful weekend! Thank you so much for stopping by!



4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a fun 100th day of school with your kiddos! Congratulations on surviving a wild, hectic week! Happy Friday!
    Joni
    http://kinderkidsfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 100th day is so fun! I love your red cup creations as well as your snack mix! Sounds like you had a wonderful week!

    Ashley
    One Step Closer Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a week like yours! I like your 100 day writing project -- that would be easy to do in my limited time. And the cups -- what great creations.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 100th day looked like so much fun!! Those cup structures are amazing!!
    Jill
    Chevronandcenters

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog