Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Turkey-Themed Math FREEBIES!

I found so many fabulous Math Freebies that I can't wait to share with you!
We have had lots of Turkey Math Fun in our classroom this week.  My sweet friend Betty made this adorable quilted turkey for my classroom last year.  The kids love him.  Well, her- I guess- because this year her name is Cranberry. Doesn't that sound like a girl? I think so.  We voted.  It came down 
to Cranberry or Bob.  That's what happens when you are five!
 

 
Anyway, I wanted to think of something fun to do with her, so I decided on this quick math review.
I put different colored Post Its with different packets of skills that I wanted to review on each feather.  I used the wonderful Turkey Round Up Relay numbers from Krazy for Kindergarten.  I just divided the numbers into three groups for these different skills.
 
(Here was one group of numbers.)
 
 


I also used these cute Thanksgiving Ten Frames from Jessica Tobin.
 
The other skills on feathers were: Name the 2D shapes.  Why are they 2D?;  Name the 3D shapes.  Why are they 3D?; Count to 100 Turkey Style (Clap or slap your thighs 1-4, then on the 5's you wave your feathers over your head, clap or slap your thighs 6-9, then for 10's you wave your tail feathers- continue the pattern to 100... Counting Turkey Style may not be common knowledge...); Addition/Subtraction turkey word problems to 5.
 

These are simple, simple as you can see.  I was thinking maybe a laminated turkey with Velcro dots to hold the packets may work well, too.  I didn't want to hurt Cranberry in any way, so I just used masking tape to hold them on this week.
 
Did I mention simple?  Here is the next step.  One child drew a colored Post-It from this bag, and we did the task that matched that color.  We did one before lunch.  We did three this afternoon.  We will use this the next couple weeks, and I can just change the tasks.  I didn't even have anything clever to draw from so I made this really quickly.
 

 The cute little turkey is from Turkey Math Mat Roll and Cover by Holly's Hobbie Kindergarten. I printed out and used her wonderful game (that I shared below) for RTI  today.


 

 

I absolutely loved these Shape Turkeys from Housing a Forest!  LOVED them.  This is a definite project next year for me.
So... here was our attempt.   I feel like this is some sort of "Shape Turkey Fail"- but not really.  We have been working on calling that darn diamond a RHOMBUS.  It has been tricky- so I put out LOTS of rhombi ( I feel pretentious saying that for some reason.) I put out lots of rhombus shapes.  (I like that a little better.) I also put out some heads, bodies, feet, waddles, eyes  and beaks.  The kids had lots of fun because I used special papers- shiny, textured, sparkling...  You can't tell, but the waddles are fuzzy and soft.  It's the little things, I guess, that make your day in Kindergarten.

 
 I also LOVED this little guy from Bethany, at The Many Layers of Me.  How cute is he?
 
This one is from Putti's World.  
 
 
Finally, we ended our Turkey Day with a game that can be used for  EVERYTHING.  Just for everyday use, it is The Blanket Game.  During our Eric Carle unit, it is The Hermit Crab Game.  At Christmas, we call it Wrapping the Present.  Today is was Run, Turkey, Run. 
 Four cartoon turkeys pop their heads up gobble then disappear again moving clip art animation
 
The children sat in a circle on the rug. I chose one name stick to be the child who closed his/her eyes in our back section of the room (behind a book shelf).  I chose another  name stick to be the turkey who was hiding under the blanket. We practiced this game before we actually played.  I had one child peek- so he knew who was hiding, and we saw how it really took the fun away from the game.  I also had the children practice being completely quiet and not giving away any hints about who was the turkey.  One child was the "clue giver," if the child guessing needed a hint.  This was great practice for noticing details about friends and describing each other. (For example, "It is a girl."  "This person has red hair." "This person's name starts with a B."  "This person wears glasses.") It is also great for remembering names of our class friends.    Here is a picture from last year of my class playing this game.  The one boy in the orange is the clue giver, and the one in  green is the guesser.  They loved it because at the end, I got  under the blanket for the last guesser, and was a REALLY BIG TURKEY hiding.  (I am getting on the treadmill right after I post this...whatever, kids... I wasn't THAT BIG!)
 
Here are some wonderful Turkey-themed Math Freebies I found at TPT.  If you download them, please leave some wonderful feedback at the sellers' stores.  I noticed some of these had THOUSANDS of downloads and three feedback or something silly like that.  I so appreciate all of these wonderful products.  They are such a fun way to teach and reinforce math skills. Enjoy!
 
 

I love this Turkey Chip Reinforcement Activity by Mrs. Tslp. I love using these for RTI, practicing letters, sounds, and numbers one on one or even in small groups.
Thanksgiving Turkey Chip/Dauber ReinforcerThanksgiving Turkey Chip/Dauber Reinforcer

A Teacher Without a Class has a cute Roll and Draw Turkey Activity. I like this because it is easy enough for the kids to draw the parts.
Roll and Draw a Turkey!
Kindergarten Squared also has a cute Roll a Turkey Freebie.
Thanksgiving Roll A Turkey Freebie!Thanksgiving Roll A Turkey Freebie!Thanksgiving Roll A Turkey Freebie!

Or this cute  Roll a Turkey by Mrs. Klassen's Jungle.
Roll a Turkey, Thanksgiving/Fall Activity, Literacy Centre
Nicole and Eliceo shared Preschool and K Fall CC Math Activities packet.  I love the roll a rainbow turkey paper.
Preschool & Kindergarten Common Core Math FREEBIE - Fall APreschool & Kindergarten Common Core Math FREEBIE - Fall A


This Turkey Patterns paper by Rachelle Hughes is a great activity.
Turkey Patterns

Young and Lively Kindergarten shared a great Turkey Time Roll, Count, and Color activity.
Turkey Roll, Count, and ColorTurkey Roll, Count, and Color Turkey Roll, Count, and ColorTurkey Roll, Count, and Color 

Elizabeth Hodge made a great Turkey Roll and Color Activity.
Turkey Roll and Color FREEBIE!Turkey Roll and Color FREEBIE!Turkey Roll and Color FREEBIE!Turkey Roll and Color FREEBIE!
This Turkey Math Mat Roll and Cover by Holly's Hobbie Kindergarten was perfect for my few who still need lots of number recognition reinforcement.
Turkey Math Mat ~ Roll and Cover or Color GameTurkey Math Mat ~ Roll and Cover or Color GameTurkey Math Mat ~ Roll and Cover or Color GameTurkey Math Mat ~ Roll and Cover or Color Game
I like these roll and cover Gobble Gobble Thanksgiving Math Freebies from Adventures in Kindergarten.
Gobble Gobble Thanksgiving Math FreebieGobble Gobble Thanksgiving Math FreebieGobble Gobble Thanksgiving Math FreebieGobble Gobble Thanksgiving Math Freebie

This Turkey Color By Number by Fun 4 Kidz has a fun story to write about the turkey with it.
Turkey Color By Number and StoryTurkey Color By Number and Story
 Pink Cat Studio has a cute Thanksgiving Turkey ShapeCount and Graph Math Activity.
Thanksgiving Turkey - Shape Count and Graph Math Activity
Monica Hart-Nolan made this Count and Graph Turkeys Activity with different looking turkeys to graph.
 Count and Graph Turkeys
Maria Manore from Kinder-Craze has an adorable Color By Number Turkey!
Color by Number Thanksgiving TurkeyColor by Number Thanksgiving TurkeyColor by Number Thanksgiving Turkey

Here is a fun Color By Numbers 10-15 by Mrs. Quinn to reinforce those tricky numbers.
Terrific Turkey Color by Numbers 10-15
Kindergarten Creator has a cute Color By Teen Number Turkey.
FREEBIE! Turkey Color-by-Teen Number
This cute Turkey Roll and Cover game is by Scribble, Doodle, and Draw. I actually used this yesterday  a little differently.  I used it for RTI and wrote the numbers I wanted my students to work on in the circle. They had to dab the number I said- or read the number and dab it.  The kids loved it!  I may do it with letters tomorrow. 
Roll and Cover Turkey

Shuna from A Pocket Full of Kinders shared a wonderful Turkey Jerky Mini Math Unit.
Turkey Jerky {A Mini Math Pack Freebie}Turkey Jerky {A Mini Math Pack Freebie}Turkey Jerky {A Mini Math Pack Freebie}

This Turkey Feathers Addition Facts to 10 by Julie VanAlst is a great activity.
Turkey Feathers- Addition Facts to 10Turkey Feathers- Addition Facts to 10Turkey Feathers- Addition Facts to 10


Here is a quick little Turkey Addition and Subtraction page from Teresa Williams- fun for a center or morning work!

Turkey Addition and Subtraction
This is a cute Add and Subtract with Turkey Math by Kate Giella.
Add & Subtract with Turkey MathAdd & Subtract with Turkey Math

Amber Monroe always makes such wonderful products. I love her Touchdown Turkey Unit.
Touchdown Turkeys {A Free Math Center}Touchdown Turkeys {A Free Math Center}Touchdown Turkeys {A Free Math Center}Touchdown Turkeys {A Free Math Center}

This Touchdown Turkey Emergent Reader by The Climbing Grapevine would go great with Amber's unit.
Touchdown Turkey- An Emergent Reader for ThanksgivingTouchdown Turkey- An Emergent Reader for ThanksgivingTouchdown Turkey- An Emergent Reader for Thanksgiving
These are great Turkey Count Cards by TiTi's Teaching Tools.
Turkey Count Cards
TiTi's Teaching Tools also has these Turkey Ten Frames!
Turkey Ten Frames! {Thanksgiving}

Here are some great Thanksgiving Ten Frames from Jessica Tobin. We used them today!
Thanksgiving 10 Frame FreebieThanksgiving 10 Frame FreebieThanksgiving 10 Frame Freebie

I love these Free Fast Turkey Number Fluency Sheets by Can You Read It Yes We Can.  This is perfect for some of my children!
Free Fast Turkey Number Naming Fluency AIMSWEB 0-10Free Fast Turkey Number Naming Fluency AIMSWEB 0-10Free Fast Turkey Number Naming Fluency AIMSWEB 0-10Free Fast Turkey Number Naming Fluency AIMSWEB 0-10

Krazy for Kindergarten has a great Turkey Round Up Relay for number identification practice, and great for so many different things!
Turkey Round Up RelayTurkey Round Up RelayTurkey Round Up Relay
This is a cute Turkey Feather Counting and Number Writing Book by If You Give a Teacher a Treat
Turkey Feather Counting and Number WritingTurkey Feather Counting and Number Writing
Live, Laugh, I Love Kindergarten has this  Turkey Number Book Freebie.
FREE Turkey Number BookFREE Turkey Number Book
This Colorful Turkeys Math Emergent Reader is by Krazy for Kindergarten
Colorful Turkeys Math Emergent ReaderColorful Turkeys Math Emergent ReaderColorful Turkeys Math Emergent Reader

Turkey Tens Ordering Numbers and Counting By Tens from the Brainy Boutique would be a great center.
Turkey Tens Ordering Numbers And Counting By 10's
How about some Gobble Gobble Number Bond Activities by Positively Learning?
Gobble Gobble Number Bonds FreebieGobble Gobble Number Bonds FreebieGobble Gobble Number Bonds Freebie


Turkey Time Problem Solving by Kristen Raxter would make a fun math center or group activity with word problems.
Turkey Time Problem SolvingTurkey Time Problem Solving
I like this Turkey Feather Math- Ways to Show a Number by Tiphani Hodge.
Turkey Feather Math: Ways to show a number
This Feathered Facts Freebie by Jodi Southard is great for November math practice!
Feathered Facts {Freebie}Feathered Facts {Freebie}

Judy Buckley shared a November Roll and Record Packet.
November Roll and RecordNovember Roll and RecordNovember Roll and RecordNovember Roll and Record
 
 
That should keep you pretty busy for the next couple weeks!  Have fun and thank you for stopping by!
 
Thanksgiving graphics
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Email me!

Click the envelope to email me!






Click the icon to follow me on Facebook!