Friday, August 2, 2013

Five for Friday!

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!
I still have some time left in summer vacation mode- so I have been slowly getting more and more school projects done- but haven't hit panic mode yet- so it is still fun! ;)
Here are my fabulous FIVE for the week!

My Nephew's Karate Studio



My nephew Tim just moved to Naples, Florida (from here in NY) to open his own Gulf Coast Karate Academy ! I am so proud of him! He had an awesome opportunity-and he was brave enough to do it. He is awesome, himself... ( brag time from Aunt Carolyn...)

Tim Rupert is a Third Degree Black Belt and internationally certified instructor. He began training in Tang Soo Do on January 29, 2001. He achieved the rank of Cho Dan (first degree) in April of 2004, and ultimately earned Sam Dan (third degree) in October of 2009. Soon after, he began teaching professionally, discovering his true life's passion. In March 2011, Mr. Rupert joined the U.S. Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation and recertified his Sam Dan ranking in later that year, earning Dan number 43822.
Some of Mr. Rupert's highest achievements include serving as Program Director to Winding River Karate Studio from 2011 - 2013, winning Grand Champion in Forms twice at the Mid Hudson Championships in 2012 & 13, being a Region 2 Team Sparring member in 2012, and recognition for his dedication to his school as the 2011 recipient of the Kristopher E. Heim Memorial Award.
In addition to Soo Bahk Do, Mr. Rupert holds a first degree black belt in the ASN style of Nunchaku (tournament-oriented use of the "Nunchucks").

Here is his Facebook page- Gulf Coast Karate Academy, Inc Facebook Page. He is just starting- in fact I think later this week is his first class down there at a temporary location until his studio is ready.  If you know anybody in Naples- send them his way. He is a fantastic teacher/person. ;)


I need your help on these next two...

Entering the 21st Century of Fonts

AKA...
Goodbye, Comic Sans
Thanks to Lori, from The Reinspired Teacher I have been figuring out how to add some fonts to my world.  Thank you again, Lori! Do you have any "favorite fonts" that you use in the classroom? I loved comic sans because the 'a' and 'g' were normal looking for the kids.  (Even though the typed a and "goofy g"(as I call it) are on their list of letters to know.)

On this same note- I was talking to my friend Sandy- AKA Queen Pretty- from Kinder-Gardening last night- and after we got done talking, I was thinking that I am pretty sure God put me in her life to make her feel WAY better about her technology skills.  Yep.  Pretty sure of it.  :) Sorry I was zero help, by the way, Sandy... :(  Still had so much fun talking! :)

If some of  you "youngsters" saw me work my trial-and-error magic, you would think I am just crazy.

So- let me know some favorite fonts if you get a chance! ;)
Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!

Cookie Theme

 I have been working on my back to school ideas- and my theme is smart cookies!  I am going to post about it this weekend-  The next thing I need help with is deciding which cookie bag is best. 
I am going to have these "You are one smart cookie!" cookies at each seat for our Kindergarten Picnic. I found the wonderful free printables from The Teacher Wife TPT Store.


 

Cookie 1

 or Cookie 2?

I can't decide which cookie  I want to use.

 

 (of course I bought both... duh... I am sure I can think of some other use for the 2nd place cookies.)Please let me know which cookie idea you like better... the packet or the individual. The individual cookies come wrapped- so they are wrapped and wrapped again. :)
 

Pittsburgh Trip- Why not?

Jeff and I are going to go to Pittsburg for a few days just to get away and have fun! We are going to the Pittsburg Zoo and Aquarium- and just to walk around and have some fun!
(That's not Jeff and me, by the way...)
We will be taking our friend David Sedaris with us- by way of his books on CD... I LOVE HIM!
We don't really need anything else.  I read all of his books and loved them- THEN I heard him read them and loved them more. 

My New Friend

I talked about my new cardinal friend the other day, and thought I would take his picture today to share him with you. (It's through the screen- sorry!) He cracks me up. He does the same thing all day.  He flies in and chirps really loudly. Gets a seed.  Cocks his head to see if I am there.  Shows me his messy little crest. Then STARES at me.  I love him.
 


Have a wonderful weekend! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog