Friday, July 12, 2013

Favorite Pins Friday- July 12

I am linking up with The First Grade Parade for Favorite Pins Friday!  Thank you, Cara, for hosting!
First of all ...
 
OK- Now we are ready!  :) 
 
This was a neat idea for home or school from Crafting and Quilting.
 
I used this Random Name Generator last year and the kids LOVED it. We didn't use it all the time- but for some special things it was so much fun- and very easy to set up.  The original link was from  I Teach Dual Language.

 
 I loved this as an anchor chart idea for colors from First Grade and Fresh.
 
 
The first two full weeks of school, I have color days in my classroom.  Each day the children wear a certain color.  I take pictures for our Class Color Book (and our Crazy Class Color Book). We color that color page in our Brown Bear, Brown Bear books, and we do activities with that color.  It is just a fun review of colors and great way to ease into Kindergarten.   On GREEN day, we read Go Away, Big Green Monster. The children LOVE it to pieces! 
 
 
I found some wonderful monster activities that could go along with this book.
 
First of all, it is a WONDERFUL time to introduce Monster Fun! Teaching Monster Manners and Expectations from Growing Kinders. It is a great FREEBIE - with lots of fun conversations starters about good manners and school expectations.
 
 
These cute monster magnets were from Coast Inspired Creations
 

 
 The children can create a monster with this idea from House of Baby Piranha.
 
 OR- blowpaint a monster with this idea from Raising Sparks.

Last year, I bought a roll of stick on eyeballs to use instead of the googly eyes sometimes.  They just stay on better for some crafts, when the glue doesn't seem to stick to things with googly eyes.  I like the roll of eyeballs.  (OK- in what other profession would you EVER hear anyone say that ?!)

Here are some happy favorite pictures-
 

 


 

I will leave you with this today, cause Ryan just "gets" us.... 
 

 

 
I'd love you to follow me on Pinterest! 
Happy Pinning!  Carolyn
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog